Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Senior Business Intelligence Developer - Permanent in Dublin
This is a brand new role that’s been created as the BI manager is looking to step away from the day-to-day technical piece, taking on new projects around data governance and more managerial duties and responsibilities.
This is a hybrid Remote working with 2 days a week in the office.
Willing to take on greater responsibility, as the position has the potential to evolve into a Data Warehouse Manager role in the future (where you’d have full control and autonomy over the data warehouse).
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a BI Specialist in the Microsoft stack
- SQL Server, Data Warehouse (DWH), Power BI, SSRS (don’t have too many SSRS reports)
- SQL tuning and optimisation, they’ve built a Data Warehouse, but with very little optimisation. So optimsing SQL, and table indexes will be very helpful
- Design and build DWH
- Data Modelling
- ETL (SSIS currently)
- Write database schemas, read database schemas to produce SQL
- “Wagile” - Agile and/or Waterfall (they are more Waterfall, but moving to Agile on the visualisation side)
- Act as the Business Analyst, liaising with customers to gather requirements
- Act as a Project Manager creating project plans on smaller projects; they have dedicated PMs for larger projects – working to Prince 2
- Strong customer facing skills, excellent communicator
- Microsoft DevOps (the app) – to storyboard user stories and personas; source control for GIT, managing pipelines and to push the whole development lifecycle (running and automating the pipeline)
- MS Planner (they don’t use JIRA)
- ETL, moving to Azure so databricks and data factory in the future
- Migration from on prem to Azure (DWH is currently onsite with reports being run in Azure)
- Business Analysis, Data Engineering, Data Modelling, UX Design, Data Governance (not need to be specialist as they’re looking for a developer, but be coherent in these areas)
The role is split 75/25 Data Warehouse/Visualisation and may shift to 80/20, but will always include an element of visualisation duties.
They have 360 Terabytes of data and <200 GB in the DWH, but that will grow as you design and build new DWH.
25 days’ leave
Pension match up to 6%
Parking in Dublin
You must already be eligible to live and work in Ireland.