Talentspot has partnered with a well-known end-user in Dublin to assist in the search for a Senior L3 Engineer to own and drive a suite of upgrade and enhancement projects, on a day rate Contract basis, for an initial 3 - 6 months.
After 2 - 3 weeks' onsite for induction and orientation, this role will be fully remote within Ireland.
Essential Skills Required:
· Microsoft Group Policy -GPO, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Windows Server (2008 – 2022), Windows Client (Windows 7 – 11), Registry Items and System Internal Tools.
· Ability to follow and understand PowerShell/BAT/VBS scripts
· Application installation, support, testing
· Virtualisation: VMWare and Hyper-V
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Issue resolution
· Technical Support at Level 3 with over least 12 years' in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience
· Desktop Imaging:
- Installation of enterprise applications, printers, scanners etc.
- Perform testing, initially on a VM in VMWare then on the physical client, then UAT with the business users
· Azure ARC Server Update Management Automation:
Our customer is using Azure ARC to automate server Update Management of the on-premise server environment. Initially, this rollout is for Microsoft Windows Updates and later to include Linux Servers (where possible).
· On Premise Hardware Installation:
As part of the move to the Cloud, there is a requirement to replace some of the unsupported Compute and Storage hardware. The majority of the hardware is Dell including PowerStore SAN - with fibre Switches, and PowerEdge servers; across two on-prem data centres. In addition, they are implementing Citrix Cloud for the Citrix Control Plane with Nutanix on premise for the Citrix workload environment.
· Migration of current environments: VMWare and Hyper-V to Nutanix (Acropolis)
Desirable Skills & Experience (not essential)
· Nutanix Acropolis
· Citrix - XenApp, Wem, Delivery Controllers, Studio, Storefront, Gateway
· Azure and AWS Implementation Experience
· PowerShell Scripting
· Unified Write Filter servicing mode for Windows updates
You must already be eligible to live and work in Ireland.