AWS Cloud Architect
AWS Cloud Architect - Dublin and Remote, Permanent or Day Rate Contract
Talentspot are assisting our global end-user customer in finding an AWS Solutions Architect with a focus on DevOps and Infrastructure to join their Cloud Architecture team in Dublin.
You will bring more AWS DevOps and Infrastructure expertise to the team to support the AWS knowledge base and broader enterprise. As an AWS Cloud Architect you will be responsible for architecting and implementing AWS based solutions. You may work on re-architecting existing platforms as well as creating brand new designs to support initiatives and projects.
- Evangelise DevOps and take ownership throughout product lifecycles, bringing a strong DevOps mindset with CALMS principles
- Make recommendations regarding AWS projects, collaborate with other Architects and colleagues on technical solutions and undertake Architectural reviews
- Identify, develop, implement, and improve infrastructure management/operational activities using automated cloud-based solutions
- Automate the provisioning of cloud infrastructure to support operations and development organisations using IaC
- Develop cloud strategies and future-state architectures to provide robust, long-term solutions
- Develop, modify and maintain AWS based infrastructure
- Identify and adopt best practices, architectural solution patterns, along with new technologies to address current and future requirements
- Contribute to maintaining solutions, processes, and infrastructure tooling, supported with good documentation
- Implement strategies that are aligned to Amazon’s Well Architected Framework
- Communicate effectively with multiple cross-functional stakeholders (non-technical and technical)
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple workstreams with proactive and concise communication of status
- Perform as both a self-starter and a team player
- Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional) AWS Certification, ideally also with AWS DevOps Engineer Professional, and/or Developer Associate certifications
- Designing, building, deploying, and migrating workloads in AWS with 3 to 5+ years’ IaaS experience
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, ALB/CLB/NLB, VPC, R53, and RDS provisioning
- In depth experience with AWS Developer Tools – CodeCommit, CodeBuild, and CodePipeline, along with git, Python, Bash, AWS CLI, PowerShell
- A good understanding of infrastructure – network, compute, storage, security, application services, etc.
- Terraform and CloudFormation or similar Infrastructure as Code solutions
- An automation mindset based on past successes, including the ability to provide automation guidance to the team and developers
- In-depth knowledge and experience with administration of Linux (Ubuntu & Amazon Linux) and Windows operating systems.
- Core understanding of AWS IAM fundamentals
- Networking – understand core concepts and terminology such as OSI model, CIDR notation, VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, etc.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure operations best practices, including experience in IT Operations in a highly available model
- Strong Web Server experience in IIS, Apache, or Tomcat
- Functional knowledge of Database concepts
- Comfortable operating in a matrix organisation, and the ability to communicate across teams to ensure alignment of technology strategy, best practices, and delivery
- Understanding of the SDLC process
- Possess the desire and willingness to learn and stay up to date in the rapid and ever-changing IT landscape.
- Availability to support systems on-call after hours as needed
Desired Experience Qualifications
- Elastic Container Service and AWS Fargate
- Configuration Management Automation (Chef, Puppet or Ansible)
- Working knowledge of Azure
- Experience in developing Cloud Native Architectures
- Well-versed in the design of configuration management solutions to enable the rapid deployment of new stacks
- Competence with migration tooling such as AWS server migration service, bare metal migrations, or 3rd party tooling for lift-and-shifts
- Virtualization – VMware, Hyper-V or similar
- Understanding of API based architectures, SOA, and messaging
- An understanding of mobile/tablet based architectures