Senior Ruby Developer
Senior Ruby Developer - Remote
As a Senior Ruby Developer, you will be joining an exciting Irish Tech start-up, working with their largest client on a roadmap of implementation. You will be acting as the technical lead on this program of work, and will work closely with a project manager, frontend engineer, account manager and the client’s internal development teams to deliver against the agreed roadmap. Must be comfortable in working independently and with minimal supervision from the CTO.
What you will do:
- Can work independently to design and deliver solutions in line with the existing roadmap.
- You will help build new APIS, features and integration into the product platform.
- You will work in collaboration with a small project team which will include a front-end engineer, project manager, and account manager.
- Responsible for helping to drive technical direction and deliver scalable web technology.
- Continuous improvement and you’ll be encouraged to bring that through in all aspects of your work.
- You’ll demonstrate best practices in your work, producing clean, efficient, and well-tested code.
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer, with at least 3 years’ experience working in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Git and a modern SCM environment like GitHub/Gitlab
- Experienced in building rich data-driven web applications.
- Skilled at writing precise tests, regardless of test framework
- Experience in effective code review
- It is advantageous if you have experience with docker, and /or experience managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment workflows.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers is also nice to have.
What our client offers:
- Opportunity to work on one of my clients most strategic projects, with the ability to have a major impact on their biggest client.
- Your work will be technically rewarding and allow you to work on a platform which is wholly positive.
- As an early member of the team, you will help to shape the culture and have input on the future state of the engineering practices and technical direction.
- Competitive salary and packge on offer with this role.
This role can be fully remote role from anywhere within the EU, as long as you have full working rights for the country in which you reside and are comfortable working 1-2 +/- hrs GMT.