Senior Python Developer - New York City (Manhattan) Hybrid
Investment Banking, Financial Markets, Capital Markets, Securities, Hedge Funds, Asset Management, Wealth Management, or Private Equity experience is an essential requirement for this opportunity.
Our prestigious and highly-regarded customer is a market leader in investment management, with offices in over 20 financial hubs across the world. As part of a new strategy, they’re investing in a wide-scale modernisation of their tech stack to support this strategy. They have a footprint of a globally distributed technology platform.
The role will focus on the needs of the fast-growing Investments business and entails building and supporting a broad range of applications and tools that support that business. This is an opportunity to participate in all aspects of the application development lifecycle, including requirements and data analysis, application development, devising test cases, release & support, while working closely with a growing team.
The ideal candidate would have a familiarity and a strong interest in financial markets or investment management and experience in, or a strong desire, to work as a full-stack developer using a modern technology stack. You must be curious, with very good analysis skills, have excellent programming and data management skills, strong verbal/written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and be a cultural fit with an emphasis on teamwork, excellence, and results.
Role and Responsibilities
· Work with investment professionals and business users to perform requirements analysis, application & report design, data modelling
· Adding new functionality to a flagship, front, middle and back office application that manages investment and trading workflow, data and reporting
· Implement high-quality, client-ready reports
· Develop core data architecture & reporting/analytics systems
· Ensure high focus on testing in the form of building unit and regression tests
· Work with team members to interface and integrate with other systems
· Leverage and help evolve existing frameworks and toolsets
· Align and add to the culture and overall vision/mission of the team
· 5+ years’ OO programming experience, with an emphasis on Python as your main, current programming language
· Commercial financial markets or investment management experience, ideally in an environment, where you've worked closely with investment professionals
· Excellent analysis skills to support a new Strategic Investment initiative
· Strong problem-solving skills; you should enjoy analysing and understanding business problems and designing creative solutions
· Solutions-oriented, able to work independently and see tasks through to completion
· Understanding of programming design concepts, data structures, and algorithms
· Strong SQL skills (they are principally SQL Server)
· Experience with modern development methodologies
· Excellent communication skills
Additional Beneficial Skills/Knowledge
· Experience in, or readiness to learn, building applications using the modern technology stack: RESTful, Cloud/AWS, Docker/Kubernetes, etc.
· Experience with SSRS, Tableau or other Business Intelligence / Data Visualisation tools
· Broad range of technical experience & interests.
Our customer is passionate about technology and passionate about providing their investment and business professionals with the best possible tools.
They engender a culture of continuous improvement both in the solutions that are delivered and in the technical environment in which they work. First and foremost they are smart technologists and combine that with a keen interest in financial markets. Their operating model is that of small, collaborative teams, but within the context and support of a large, global financial markets/ investments firm. They offer challenging and rewarding work, and opportunities for learning in both the business & technical spheres.
You must already be eligible to live and work in the United States of America as sponsorship is not available. No C2C or C2H thank you.