Principal Application Engineer
As a Principal Application Engineer, you will be joining a rapidly growing VC backed SaaS technology start-up that has a client list that already includes some of the largest companies in the world. Working as part of a high performing development team, you will be using cutting edge technologies, techniques and algorithms to solve complex business and system problems.
Day to Day:
- Delivering in a fast-paced agile/kanban environment, where you will work closely with other development, design and product teams.
- You will work across the product backlog and new feature development.
- Focus on developing and implementation well crafted simple solutions to complex problems.
- Implement changes and new features in a manner that promotes efficient, reusable and performant code.
- Mentor and develop other members of the engineering team.
- Participate in peer code reviews, manage criteria applied during code reviews
- 7 + years experience as a Principal or Staff Application Engineer, having developed and architected large-scale cloud applications on AWS, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Must have full-stack development experience with a high level of proficiency in Python, Go and/or Java. All development in this role will be in either Python or Go.
- Experience with Node.js or Next.js.
- Comfortable in mentoring and leading more junior members of the engineering team.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other containerisation platforms.
- Knowledge of the Agile/Kanban development methodologies.
- Experience with functional programming languages is advantageous.
- AWS Lambda serverless experience is beneficial.
What our client offers you?
- Generous remuneration and stock options
- Flexible work environment & Unlimited Annual Leave
- Pension, Health & Dental Insurance, Income Protection Plans, Life Assurance (x4 times your annual salary)
- Exposure to a cutting-edge technology stack.