Outstanding learning and development opportunity for a passionate Linux Administrator who wants to hone their technical skills while being in a role where you make a difference. Joining a growing Fintech, you will report to the CTO and learn everything there is to learn about my client’s infrastructure and eventually become the authority on Linux within the company.
Your day to day:
- Install, configure, and maintain internal systems in a private cloud environment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Develop and maintain system security.
- Proactively monitor system capacity and performance.
- Create, update, and maintain technical documentation and IT policies (internal wiki).
- You will gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies that our client uses:
- Virtualisation (LXD)
- ZFS, NFS, snapshotting, encryption
- Database servers (Cassandra, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Webserver/reverse proxy (nginx, Apache)
- FTP server
- Mail server (postfix, dovecot)
- Scripting (shell, python)
- Provisioning and configuration (Ansible)
- Code repository (Mercurial, GitLab)
- CI/CD (GitLab)
- Monitoring (icinga) Risk management experience would be beneficial
Prior knowledge of any of the above technologies is an advantage. However, you will receive training from your team lead, and it will an on-going part of your job to keep exploring and learning modern technologies and tools.
- 1 + years’ experience as a Unix or Linux Administrator, if you have experience with Ubuntu this will be highly advantageous.
- You should be a self-starter with an analytical mind and have experience with troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking is essential.
- Ability to work well both on your own and within a team.
- Ability to think critically and to come up with solutions to problems yourself.
What else you get:
- Opportunity to work with and learn from a highly accomplished CTO.
- Exposure to a working environment where your input is valued, and your output is tangible.
- Competitive salary and benefits on offer.