Contract Client Reporting Systems Engineer, Credit and Risk Engineering
Initial 12 Month Day Rate Contract
Our prestigious, highly-regarded customer is a market leader in investment management, with offices in 20 financial hubs across the world. As part of a new customer acquisition strategy, they’re investing in a wide-scale modernisation of their tech stack to support this strategy. They have a footprint of a globally distributed technology platform, deployed across both on-prem data centres and within global public cloud environments.
They are based in prominent offices in Dublin 2, but there’s flexibility for some remote working, with a guideline of 3 days a week in the office to embed with stakeholders in the office with some regularity.
This is a new head-count, adding to an existing client reporting team. They are looking for a strong ‘all-round engineer’ with an emphasis on client and internal management reporting. This is principally driven by a renewed focus on providing their customers with the best reporting experience possible. You will be creating elegant solutions in data architecture along with building the presentation layer. With such a strong focus on enhancing the customer experience and meeting new client demands, you will be working closely with teams who face off to clients, along with senior business leaders within the company.
You’ll build and support external client-facing reporting solutions, as well as internal analytics and reporting systems; helping to design and implement the next-generation data architecture to enhance data consistency and accuracy; opportunities to participate in all aspects of the application development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, application/report development, and devising test cases, while working closely with a growing team supporting client reporting needs.
The ideal candidate would have a familiarity or strong interest in financial market investment and experience, or a strong desire in doing full-stack development using the modern technology stack. You must have excellent programming and data management skills, strong verbal/written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and be a cultural fit with an emphasis on teamwork, excellence and results.
The role will include a blend of short-term client-led solutions, along with longer-term strategic projects that may include building a data lake and possibly client-accessible portals in the future.
ETL is handled by custom Python code, with some SSIS, but this area will be primarily covered by the data warehouse technologists, meaning you’ll be more focused on building the tools for consuming the data and creating the reports.
· Expect an equal split between the data and presentation tasks
· Gathering data from many sources and systems (accounting systems, credit analysis applications, reference data systems, etc.), designing and building a data architecture to support new client and internal reporting initiatives, and applying data governance considerations for accurate reporting. This could include managing the flow of data from a database, or data warehouse, the data processing and the reporting
· Design and build the presentation layer for dynamic and static dashboards; that may be ultimately be consumed as a dashboard or PDF document by the customer
· Work with business users to perform requirements analysis, application & report design, data modelling
· Implement high quality, client-ready reports
· Develop core data architecture & reporting/analytics systems
· Ensure high focus on testing in the form of building proper unit and regression tests
· Work with team members to interface and integrate with other systems
· Leverage and help evolve existing frameworks and toolsets
· Align and add to the culture and overall vision/mission of the team
· 5+ years or the equivalent of programming experience
· Strong SQL Server, SSRS report development and/or Tableau experience is highly desirable – though other reporting tools such as Power BI, or Python for reporting would be considered
· Understanding of programming design concepts, data structures, and algorithms
· Experience with modern development methodologies
· Ideally Python for application development, or strong Java/Ruby programming experience to learn Python
· Strong troubleshooting and reasoning skills
· Strong cultural fit – Teamwork, proactive/self-starter, results-oriented and integrity
· An eye for detail (can spot a number and know if it makes sense)
· An eye for design and aesthetics, for client-facing output
Additional Beneficial Skills/Knowledge
· Commercial experience in financial markets and/or investment management is highly desirable
· Experience in or readiness to learn building applications using the modern technology stack: MongoDB, RESTful, Cloud/AWS, Docker/Kubernetes, etc.
You must already be eligible to live and work in Ireland as a contractor (with EU citizenship or a Stamp 4 visa). Please note that other visas do not allow for day rate contract engagements through your own Limited Company.