As a Backend Engineer, you will be joining an impressive, scaling Irish Tech Start-up whose platform is positively disrupting a global industry. You will be helping to build the software that empowers their entire platform, using carefully considered design patterns, modern tooling and clean, reliable code.
What you will do:
- You’ll design solutions solving real-world problems, extending the current product's capabilities.
- As part of a growing backend engineering team, you will help build new API'S, features and integration into the product platform.
- You will work in collaboration with the front-end engineering, product and design teams to build new features, help drive technical direction, and deliver scalable web technology.
- Continuous improvement and you’ll be encouraged to bring that through in all aspects of your work.
- You’ll demonstrate best practices in your work, producing clean, efficient, and well-tested code.
- 2+ years as a Software Engineer, with at least 1 year of experience working in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Git and a modern SCM environment like Github/Gitlab.
- Experienced in building rich data-driven web applications.
- Skilled at writing precise tests, regardless of the test framework.
- Experience in effective code reviews.
- It is advantageous if you have experience with docker, and /or experience managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment workflows.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers is also nice to have.
What our client offers:
- Competitive salary, share options and a comprehensive benefits package (including pension & health)
- Your work will be technically rewarding and gives you the opportunity to leave the planet a bit better than you found it.
- As an early member of the business, you will help to shape the culture and have input on the future state of the engineering practices and technical direction.
Our client is considering remote developers based anywhere in Europe. You will need to be eligible to work in Europe without restriction and your work hours will need to overlap with the Irish team.