AWS Solution Architect - Security
AWS Solution Architect with Security Expertise
Our customer is looking for a Cloud Security Architect with a Developer or DevOps background to join their team.
The team is responsible for solution architecture and infrastructure automation firmwide, including subject matter expertise in cloud computing technologies and support escalation.
In this role your key area of focus will be on architecting cloud-based solutions for a variety of projects, which will include research & development, building prototypes and proof of concepts to guide solutions and best practices. In addition to designing these solutions you will be either responsible or involved in their solution architecture implementation, deployment, and operations.
Beyond architecting solutions and associated infrastructure automation, you will also work on securing cloud-based infrastructure / applications with a focus on IAM artifacts.
Solid communication skills are a must. The role requires being able to work closely with other stakeholders including InfoSec, Operations and Development teams. The successful candidate needs to be able to work closely with all these teams and balance competing concerns to produce optimal architectural solutions.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Architect AWS based solutions for custom developed applications.
- DevOps evangelist and ownership throughout product lifecycle. Strong DevOps experience/mindset with CALMS principles.
- Automate provisioning of both cloud-based infrastructure and application deployment/configuration to support the development organization.
- Develop Cloud Native Architectures
- Identify, develop, implement and improve infrastructure/operations activities for automation with Cloud experience, particularly with AWS
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments through proven detail-oriented analysis in root cause scenarios and technical deep dives
- Contribute to team efforts to maintain processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring and operations with clear documentation
- Implement strategies for optimization, high availability and recovery
- Ability to communicate well with multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
- IAM experience including management of Policies, Roles, Users and Groups. Cross account access, Role assumption and the use of Boundary Policies
- Strong understanding of AWS WAF, KMS and ACM
- Solid understanding of AWS security reference architectures
- Experience with security architectures in multi account environments
- Strong development background with track record of delivering products to production.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong automation mindset based on past success, including ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers.
- Strong capabilities in scripting (Python, AWS CLI, Bash)
- Automation Frameworks particularly Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation or similar Infrastructure as Code solutions
- AWS Support level experience with EC2, ECS / Fargate, ALB, S3, VPC, CodeCommit/git, and Route53 DNS
- Application Monitoring experience, preferably including AWS CloudWatch.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, deep-dives, and debugging
- Functional knowledge of Database concepts, both relational and DynamoDB
- Comfortable operating in a matrix organization, strong ability to communicate across teams to ensure alignment of technology strategy, best practices and successful delivery.
- Availability to occasionally support systems on-call after hours as needed
- Architecting using the Well Architected Framework
- Strong ability to learn and use new technology frameworks
- Understanding of High Availability services concepts
Additional Desired Qualifications
- AWS Certification, preferably Solution Architect or Developer Associate
- Experience with cryptography fundamentals and modern security protocols (OAUTH, OIDC, SAML, Bearer Tokens etc)
- AWS experience or functional knowledge in API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Glue, Redshift and Athena
- Experience with synchronous (REST, gRPC, SOAP) and asynchronous (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ) messaging technologies.
- Experienced in Application Performance Management
- Experience with PowerShell
Experience using and supporting various Atlassian products, such as Jira, Confluence